- Professor Klara Nahrstedt: Principle Investigator
- Phuong Nguyen: Ph.D. student
- Tarek Elgamal: Ph.D. student
- Tuo Yu: Ph.D. student
- Zhe Yang: Ph.D. student
- Fall 2015-present
The Timely and Trustworthy Curating and Coordinating Data Framework (T2C2) project aims to dramatically reduce the materials-to-device process, which can currently span 20 years. Through the DIBBs program, funded by the National Science Foundation CISE Directorate and their Advanced Cyber-Infrastructure Division (ACI), we propose a data acquisition and analysis framework for materials-to-devices processes, named 4CeeD, that focuses on the immense potential of capturing, accurately curating, correlating, and coordinating materials- to-devices digital data in a real-time and trusted manner before fully archiving and publishing them for wide access and sharing. In particular, 4CeeD consists of: (i) a curation service for collecting data from experimental instruments, curating, and wrapping of data with extensive metadata in real-time and in a trusted manner, (ii) a cloudlet for caching collected data from curation service and coordinating data transfer with the back-end, and (iii) a cloud-based coordination service for storing data, extracting meta-data, analyzing and finding correlations among the data. Our evaluation results show that our proposed approach is able to help researchers significantly save time and cost spent on experiments, and is efficient in dealing with high-volume and fast-changing workload of heterogeneous types of experimental data.
For more information about the project, please visit project’s homepage
- Tuo Yu, Wenyu Ren, Klara Nahrstedt, “MMLOC: Multi-Mode Indoor Localization System Based on Smart Access Points”, 16th EAI International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Computing, Networking and Services (MobiQuitous), November 12–14, 2019.
- Tuo Yu, Haiming Jin, Klara Nahrstedt, “ShoesHacker: Indoor Corridor Map and User Location Leakage through Force Sensors in Smart Shoes”, Proceedings of the ACM on Interactive, Mobile, Wearable and Ubiquitous Technologies, vol. 3(3), pp. 1-29, 2019.
- Phuong Nguyen and Klara Nahrstedt. “MONAD: Self-adaptive Micro-service Infrastructure for Heterogeneous Scientific Workflows”, The 14th IEEE International Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC) 2017, Columbus, OH, USA.
- Phuong Nguyen, Steven Konstanty, Todd Nicholson, Thomas O’brien, Aaron Schwartz-Duval, Timothy Spila, Klara Nahrstedt, Roy H. Campbell, Indranil Gupta, Michael Chan, Kenton McHenry, Normand Paquin. “4CeeD: Real-time Acquisition and Analysis Framework for Materials-related Cyber-Physical Environments”, The 17th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCGrid) 2017, Madrid, Spain.
- Phuong Nguyen and Klara Nahrstedt. “Resource Management for Elastic Publish Subscribe Systems: A Performance Modeling-based Approach”, The 9th IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing (CLOUD 2016), San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Phuong Nguyen, Steve Konstanty, Todd Nicholson, Thomas O’Brien, Aaron Schwartz-Duval, Tim Spila, Klara Nahrstedt, Roy Campbell, Indranil Gupta, Michael Chan, Kenton McHenry, Normand Paquin, “4CeeD: Real-time Acquisition and Analysis Framework for Materials-related Cyber-Physical Environments”, Technical Report, June 2016, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
This research is funded by the National Science Foundation, NSF ACI 1443013, project title “CIF21 DIBBs: T2-C2: Timely and Trusted Curator and Coordinator Data Building Blocks.” Any results and opinions are our own and do not represent views of National Science Foundation.