Research in the MONET research group focuses on system software issues to provide services and protocols for end-to-end Quality of Service (QoS) guarantees for distributed multimedia applications, leveraging the best effort services provided by the underlying operating system and networks. Toward this goal, we are doing research in a broad area including (but not limited to):
- Multimedia operating systems
- Multimedia communication protocols
- QoS middleware and large scale distributed systems
- Multimedia security and trustworthy computing systems
- Advanced tele-immersive and multimedia applications
- High speed QoS routing and ad hoc networks
See our projects page to find out more about what we are doing.